Monday, July 1, 2019

First comes love, then comes marriage, then...


... comes Jimmy with a baby carriage.

No, we are not trying for another "bundle of joy."  I've always said, "Parents have kids until they have a perfect one, then they quit."  What's that?  Yes, I am the youngest sibling.  We had our one "perfect child" and quit.  Or, maybe we were scared to try again?  It's one of those things.

So, what's with "you and a baby carriage"?  Thanks for asking.  As you may know, I have been doing a lot of walking since I have been able to walk reasonably well again.  I'm getting close to 2 1/2 miles in my 3 daily walks.  Mostly with the cane, still.  But, I do some of each walk while just carrying the cane... until it hurts, and then back to the cane.  But, I digress.

Rufus would like to go outside with me.  He doesn't "walk" in the typical taking-a-pet-for-a-walk kinda way.  When we are up north and it is cooler, he may walk a couple blocks on the leash, with frequent stops to smell almost every blade of grass.  I think the asphalt roads here would be too hot for his feet this time of year.  Plus, he is a furry boy, and it is hot out there.

This morning while walking, I saw a guy in a golf cart taking his dog to an area outside the resort where the dog can be off the leash.  The dog seemed quite happy to be going for a ride.  In fact, there are a lot of people that cruise around in golf carts here, some with their dogs.  Some with a beer.  Some with kids hanging off every seat like a chicken bus in a third world country.  Some with a stereo blasting like they are driving through the hood.  Those same people would be amazed at what this place looks like in the winter months.  And, golf carts look like golf carts, instead of the cross between a golf cart, a dune buggy, and a monster truck that I see this time of year.  But, I am digressing again.

I'm not ready for a golf cart.  Oh, that time may come, but it isn't here now.  However, if I had a golf cart, I would take Rufus for a ride.  I think he would enjoy that.
What do you think of me pushing a baby buggy around, with Rufus in the buggy?  He could get some outdoor time, without burning his paws or working up a sweat.  No, I have no idea if cats sweat... none of ours have ever worked that hard.

I can't say for certain what Joan thinks of the buggy idea but there was some laughing and perhaps a bit of eye-rolling.  I think that means she is onboard with it.  I don't believe I have ever seen anyone in this area pushing a baby buggy, so there may not be any used ones available... I was thinking used, in case Rufus is embarrassed by the whole idea and jumps out.  I don't know why he'd be embarrassed - it isn't like I was thinking about putting him in a jumper and a bonnet.  Why would you even bring that up?

I suppose I could take him out on the scooter... maybe put him inside my jacket.  I have visions of ripped chest and belly flesh with that idea, though.  Plus,  besides the blood loss, I wouldn't get the same exercise as walking... while pushing a buggy... with a big ol' cat in it.

It's just a thought.  For now.


No comments: