Friday, July 12, 2019

The life I love is makin' music with my friends...


If you said, "Willie Nelson, On the Road Again, 1998," you get 50 bonus points.  What's that?  No, I'm not a big country fan, but Willie transcends genre - he's Willie.

It was a good day today.  Hot and humid again, but I didn't have to be out in it, unless I wanted to.  And, an old Hawaiian saying: Never judge a day by the weather.  No, I judge it by eats... we went out for BBQ for a late lunch.  Porky's is good BBQ.

This evening, I got a call from my buddy Mark.  He has been working with his synthesizer and wanted to show me some licks.  This guy is really talented, and he is working on unleashing all this synthesizer can do.  It is beyond an old rock 'n roller like me, but I can add a guitar part to some tracks, if I can keep up.

I enjoy our conversations.  Mark has been my friend since 10th grade (different schools) and we've been in several bands together.  Cindy sent me this photo while he and I were talking on the phone...


With a note that he is a happy guy when making and talking about music.  Yeah, me, too.  We came up with a plan for the next long distance recording.  I'll work on my parts tomorrow.

After that, it was getting to be dusk - time for bike ride before dark.  I pumped hard and covered my planned distance faster than usual.  Still time to stop for this last bit of light in the sky...


And now, with some ice cream in my belly, Rufus is on my lap as I write this.  Yep, a good day.

:-)


No comments: