Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Taylor made...


No, I didn't get fit for a new suit... that would be "tailor made."

Joan had an appointment for a hair cut (do women call it that?) today.  The plan: I would wander around downtown while she was at the styling salon.  As she was getting out of the car, she said, "You should go to Haggerty's and look around."

"That sounds like a good idea."  Haggerty's Musicworks is a music store in Rapid City.  They have a nice selection, especially Taylor Guitars...


A nice young man named Tanner asked if there was anything he could show me.  "No, I'm just entertaining myself while my wife is getting her hair done.  I'd just like to look around."

He said, "Pull some of those guitars off the wall and give them a try - we have some nice ones!"

Indeed, they do.

I still have some Taylors, but they don't get much playing time since I discovered carbon fiber guitars.  After playing a couple Taylors today (I was quite impressed with an 812ce 12-fret with an arm bevel), I am going to get a couple of them out of their cases when we get home... mix it up a bit with some carbon fiber and some wood.

No, I'm not in a hurry to get back.  ;-)


No comments: