Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Looking good!


I got to hear that today.  Not from the Blonde.

After a late lunch out, we headed for home.  We were pleasantly surprised that the island wasn't lousy with holiday traffic and we were able to get a table with no wait.  When we got home, I came inside to get a hat and headed out for a walk.  Along the way, I saw one of the physical therapists who worked with me.  I called out his name as he was headed for his car; he turned around and held out his arms in what was an obvious "Let's see how you're walking" gesture.

"You are looking good!"

I said, "You're only saying that 'cause it's true."

I didn't want to keep him from his next appointment, but he said, "It is good to see you - tell me how you are doing."  We visited for a bit - he wanted to know what exercising I was doing.  He then said, "You are doing it just right - you are going to see a lot of improvement this month."  It was a nice visit and good to get the opportunity to thank him face-to-face for the work he did with me (I had written to the home health care company he works for to let them know how pleased I was with the care I received from this gentleman and his partner).

"Still with the cane?  Tell me about it."

"I can walk without it, but at some point it hurts, so I use the cane," I told him.

"That is good.  But when it hurts, that is your hip telling you it is time to rest."

"Yeah, but when you're a ways from home and it starts hurting, I use the cane... to get back home."  ;-)

It was a nice visit.  He was pleased with my progress.  He even said I could cut the exercises back to twice a day with the walking and biking I am doing.  We'll see.


No comments: