Monday, March 16, 2020

In honor of St. Patrick's Day...


A guest artist in the studio last Saturday, Tom Gronstal (an Iowa boy).   Mark and I backed up Tom with an Irish song in honor of St Patrick's Day.  Not our usual rock/pop stuff, and a fun change of pace.  Tom's first time recording, and he did a fine job.


With Tom's lead vocal over a track of the three of us playing on Saturday as our starting point, today Mark and I created additional tracks.  First, Mark on bass.  Then, I did an acoustic guitar track.  I added percussion (tambourine and snare); Mark did the accordion with his synth keyboard.  Then, he and I recorded the background vocal track with a condenser mic in the room, to get the feel of the sound of playing in a pub.

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/rattlin-bog

Tom on lead vocal and guitar.  Mark on bass, accordion, and background vocals.  Jim on guitar, percussion, and background vocals.

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

No comments: