Sunday, March 8, 2020

Take Me Out To The Ball Game...


It is Spring Training Season here in the Valley of the Sun - with training stadiums all over the Valley home to Major League ball teams.  Since Dan is a Wisconsin boy, we generally take in at least one Brewers game while we're here.  Today was a perfect day for it: mostly sunny, high in the mid-70s, a light breeze.


I forgot I had a baby Leatherman in my pocket - well, I know I have that small Leatherman in my pocket, but I forgot it was considered "a weapon" upon entering the gate.  Dan was kind enough to run it back to the car for me.  It was also the first time I have gone through a metal detector since I got the titanium hip - yep, it sets it off.  Fortunately, I didn't have to have Dan take my hip back to the car.

First order of business once in the park: find some good eats.  Joan, once again, gave me the "Don't even look at the price" talk... sticker shock for what they charge for food and drink.  At one stand where I bought a regular size bottle of Diet Coke, the young lady said, "It's only $5.25."  Yeah, for the same bottle that you'd pay a buck for in a vending machine.  We did the ball park fare: hot dog, brat, cheese curds, chicken fingers, and a couple sodas... it makes movie theater prices look reasonable.  Oh, well - time to eat...





Maryvale Stadium was redone a year or so ago, and it is a nice facility...


We had great seats: right where the first base line and home plate meet...





The obligatory "sausage race"...


The prices for seats are reasonable, and you get close to the action.  It was a somewhat slow moving game (some would say that's baseball), but the Brewers won.

A photo of Steph and Dan on the way out...


We picked up dessert on the way home and spent some time at Steph and Dan's place.  They used their Cricut cutter to get a scooter layout for me and a template for Joan for her quilting project.  And, of course, we watched the kitties play - the new boy really likes his "big brother"...



No comments: