Monday, March 16, 2020

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!


If you said, "From the movie Ghost Busters, 1984," you get 50 bonus points.


I was half asleep when I heard Joan moving around.  Unusual, because I am always up before her.

"You OK?  What time is it?"  I asked.

"Yes, I'm fine.  It is 6:30.  I am going to the store."

"Should I get dressed and go with you?"

She said, "No, I'm ready to go now.  Go back to sleep."

Yeah, like that is gonna happen.  I got up, fed Rufus - he was confused, and especially so when I made the bed... after his breakfast is when he usually goes back to bed to snuggle with his Momma.

When Joan got back from the store, I went out to the car to help her unload.  She said, "It isn't good."

"How so?"

The store (a huge Fry's) is out of a lot of stuff.  They are limiting some items, like paper products.  There was an announcement that they were out of bottled water and toilet paper.  Then, an announcement that they had more toilet paper... and it was gone almost immediately.  Low on some fruits.  Almost out of milk.  Nothing in their fresh meat counter.  But, they still had bacon and it was on sale!

Joan had more stuff in her cart than our usual weekly shopping excursion, but she was planning ahead for more meals cooked in (we do tend to eat out at least one meal a day).  She bought a few more frozen items than our compact fridge/freezer in the motorhome can hold, but Steph's home is just a few minutes away and they have a large freezer.

She said, "I'm not hoarding anything.  We are OK on toilet paper and other staples for now.  I just bought a few more groceries this time.  But, it is clear that some people are panic buying."

Things are going to be different for a while.


2 comments:

Bob said...

Jim,
It is grim here in Nevada. You are not in need of my advice but none the less I suggest you figure out if you would hunker down with the kids or attempt to head for home. There is no one whom I admire more than you (and Joan) but your current home base is not a good place to weather out a pandemic. Lord bless. Bob Jarrare

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks for your concern, Bob. Easy enough for us to keep our distance here in the desert. The motorhome is a good "escape pod," but we are good to go at any time. The only thing that would keep us from getting back to the Tropical Tip is fuel availability. The population that is most at risk (ours) is a good portion of the local population but here and in south Texas. We're good being here, now.