Thursday, March 5, 2020

When it warms up...


... it's time for new coats!  Think I have that backwards?  Well, the prices get better as the temperature rises.  It was over 80º here today.  And the first time we have been out on scoots together in over a week.

No destination.  A discussion of a stop at Cycle Gear came up.  Sure!  It's a pleasant ride on secondary roads up to the Surprise area.  No, we weren't surprised about going there - it's the name of that city (another of the many co-joined cities that make up the greater Phoenix area).

Cycle Gear is kinda like the motorcycle equivalence of West Marine.  Well, with better prices.  Joan found a mesh jacket she likes, and I have to say it looks good on her.  She has had the pink jacket for years, and it is a bit of a boxy fit; this new jacket is nicely tapered.  This new one is black, with blue and gray trim.

Then, she found me a jacket with a liner that is black and hi-vis green.  I wasn't even looking for one, but she presented such a logical endorsement for the jacket that I couldn't refuse.  No, I wasn't trying hard to refuse.  It is not as cool looking as the jacket she got, but... hi-vis.

My jacket was already on sale.  The young man who was helping us gave us a good price on her jacket... because I asked.  Cycle Gear has been good about that in the past.

Outside...


It was warm enough that you could get by without a jacket.  Too warm for that hi-vis of mine, but I was already wearing a mesh jacket.  Joan tried on her new one...



From there, it was off for a late lunch at a Chinese restaurant.  Tasty.  Then to a Joann's Fabric Superstore.  No, the store was not wearing a cape... I don't know how you can be Super anything without a cape.  But, I digress.  Just a few small things she wanted to pick up.  I got some fabric cut for her while she shopped around.  The lady waiting on me said, "You're a good husband."  I thought that was a super thing for her to say.  ;-)

Then, off to Steph and Dan's to give their cats an early feeding, since they both have to work late at school (conferences).  I have to say we were pretty popular with the felines...


The new boy is on the left.  He is a LOT smaller than the two "big cats."  (We alternate with saying "big cats" and "fancy cats," since they are both Siberian Forest Cats.)  Whatever breed Tango is, I don't think he can eat enough to grow to their size.  But, he is a sweet boy.  You can't see his face in this photo, but the shape is more angular... and with his coloring, he looks a bit like a fox.  Yeah, Tango Foxtrot... no Whiskey.  ;-)


2 comments:

Kent said...

Maybe bring Rufus for a visit to Steph and Dan's?

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

It has been discussed, but I nixxed it. Rufus isn't allowed on the counters, and I don't want him to learn any bad habits. ;-)