Monday, March 2, 2020

Persevering without me...


I thought about titling this post: She left me.  But, really, it was a mutual decision.

Joan left my sick butt at home today - she went to work on her quilt with Cindy.  We thought it was best that I not be out and about, breathing on anyone.  And with the current hysteria about the Corona Virus, anyone with a cough or the sniffles is suspect.  I don't need to spend 2 weeks in quarantine because I have a cold.  I am, however, being careful.

Today may have been pivotal: this is the first day in the last four where I haven't felt worse.  In fact, while Joan was out, I took a decent walk.  Yes, outside.  I came home and took Rufus for a walk; mostly around the site.  Then, I got a guitar out (first time since last Wednesday) and made some music for Rufus out under our awning.

On the quilting front, Joan now has all the guitars and accessories sewn down and is ready to start putting quilting texture in the background.  No update photos, but it is looking good (she brought it home today).

Since she hasn't worked with Cindy until today, Joan has been putting together her next project, a close-up view of... a cat (what else?).  This is the first "positioning" of it, with nothing stitched down...


Pretty cool, huh?  This is much smaller than the guitar project, which is life-size.


No comments: