Tuesday, March 17, 2020

St. Patrick's Day...


This will be a different year.


Which leads me to the discussion of some changes we are implementing... a tough one for me is no leisurely lunches out.  For decades, I rushed through (or missed) lunch while we were working.  One of my favorite things about having no schedule is having lunch out with my Honey.  I still get to have lunch with my Honey, and it doesn't matter where.

We are limiting any in-store shopping that isn't necessary.  No crowd related activities (if that even exists in the near term).  I'm glad we got the Little River Band concert in and taking in a spring training baseball game recently.

Some people have asked about our "living situation"... we are fine in our motorhome.  It is an "escape pod" for us; as long as gas is available, it can take us (or take us away from) anywhere.  There has been some discussion on the RV forums about State and National Parks closing.  I don't understand that, because the parks allow people to be outdoors and away from crowds.  Those closures may put more demand on commercial campgrounds, but the more likely scenario is that people will be less inclined to go out.  We are self-contained - we are OK pretty much anywhere.  It may come down to we won't head for home when we originally planned, but that is out of wanting to be with family more than a concern about traveling.

TV is filled with talking heads: shortages, panic buying, the numbers of the affected, stay away from restaurants and bars, what is the President doing to save us??!!  It is important to temper what they are saying with common sense.  It is necessary to take care of yourself and, in the process, don't expose yourself to others... or them to you.

I am on the back side of a cold.  For an old guy with an underlying asthma issue, it takes a while for me to get back to normal.  Yes, I know: "normal" is a relative thing.  ;-)  It always leaves me with a dry cough, especially here in the desert.  I have seen what a cough in public does for the concern of those around you.  Especially now.

And, for goodness sake, stop hoarding toilet paper.

We are OK with sheltering in place if necessary: music, quilting, and extra attention for Rufus.  I think we'll pay less attention to the TV, as well.  And, my Irish side is fine with not being kissed today.


No comments: