Thursday, March 19, 2020

Life passing before your eyes...


Well, today, it was watching my life pass before my camera lens.  We have had a lot of photographs stored with Steph and Dan.  In an effort to get them back that space, we started the process of clearing them out.

Some of them were our family photos, many were competition prints that I had made over the years.  When you have to whittle down your best images to only 4 per year for competition, it is a labor of love.  When you save most of those images from a career, it is just a labor.  The goal today: make a photographic record of what I feel is important to me, make a digital file of those... and toss.

One of the fun topics I came across was a collection of some of the bikes we had over the years.

My first Harley...


The family, with each of us with our bikes (circa 1981)...


A few years later, my Harley FXRT and Joan's Goldwing Aspencade...


Just the bike: a Harley FLH that I had made into a sport tourer (like a FatBoy, but with a fairing)...


When Joan and I started riding together, us with a Harley TourGlide and a matching Bushtec trailer...


When I first starting downsizing: a BMW R1100 RT...


Yes, there were other bikes before, between, and after these.  Riding has always been a part of our lives.

Some of the many family portraits...











They weren't all formal portraits.  This is one of my candid images of Joan and Steph when Steph was a wee one...


Thanks for indulging me (if you made it this far)... it was fun to look back.


No comments: