Sunday, August 23, 2020

A preview...


It is another hot and smoky day here in the Black Hills.

How hot is it?  If you remember Ed McMahon asking that as a set up for a joke for Johnny Carson, you are not a whippersnapper.  Meteorologically speaking: it is damn hot.  The high today here is supposed to be 100º.  That ain't right.  Last year, there were 7 days over 90º for the entire summer here; this year, it is pushing 30 days and there is more hot weather coming.  So, yeah, it's hot.

After breakfast, I was feeling like some scooter time.  Joan doesn't care to ride when it is that hot, and I certainly understand that.  But, I have needs... the need for scooter speed.  Plus, if I ride by myself, I can stop as often as I want to mess with the camera, and I wanted to play with the 360 camera.

It was in the 80s when I left, and 95º when I got back around 1:00... the air conditioning in the coach feels great, and Joan is making Cincinnati Chili (to put on spaghetti), so it smells good, too.  But, I digress - back to the riding and the messing about with the camera.

I shot a few stills (interesting concept with a 360 camera), and about 35 video clips.  I tried mounting the camera in different positions on the bike.  Which bike?  Hey, I'm talking about the videos here, but I took Joan's Xmax because I wanted to try mounting the camera off the back of her bike with that new clamp... works great.

It is going to take me a couple hours to look through all that video and edit it down to one reasonably short clip.  In the meantime, a few still photos...

I stopped to mount the camera and take a photo...


And, I'm off (yes, I always have been)...




I'll be back later, maybe even this evening, with a video.  It's too darn hot out to consider doing anything outside.

-----------

The video of today's ride...

 



No comments: