Saturday, August 8, 2020

The splits, a Presidential drive-by, and a shaka...


I have mentioned "the splits" on Iron Mountain Road.  There are two sections where the road divides, with a separate one-way lane in each direction.  It is a "design feature" of this fun road.  If there is no traffic ahead of you, they are big fun to ride.

I shot some video of it today; along with one of the tunnels with a view of Mt Rushmore and the tight turns on one of the pig tail bridges.



From there, it was past Mt Rushmore.  Another video...



Then, to Hill City; a few still photos, from Mt Rushmore, in Hill City, and on Old Hill City Road (between Hill City and Keystone)...






What about that shaka?  Thanks for asking.  I first heard of the shaka many years ago in Hawaii...





That's what a shaka looks like - it is a type of a wave, a symbol of the aloha spirit... "hang loose"... and sometimes: cool.  I actually got a few waves today.  Joan thought it was because the Vespa is distinctive.  The high-point, though, was on that Old Hill City Road, when I got a shaka from a Harley rider going the other way.

Yeah, I'm cool.  ;-)




No comments: