Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Wingman...


"Slang. a man who helps, protects, or guides a friend or associate: the CEO's troubleshooting wingman. a man who helps a friend with romantic relationships, especially one who helps the friend attract a woman: When I walked into the bar, my wingman was already there, talking to two women."

I am not sure if I am the wingman or if Rufus is the wingman.  The boy gets a lot of attention when he is walking on his leash.  When he and I went for a walk yesterday evening, 3 woman wanted to pet him.  I feel bad saying no, but in this time of Covid... no touching.  And no getting closer than 6 feet.

When I explain why we aren't letting anyone pet Rufus currently, there is generally a moment of shock, then understanding.  It is always cat-fans - often people who don't currently have a family feline, but they have had in the past.  We get the same questions frequently: Was it hard to train him to walk on the leash?  Is he a Maine Coon?  Does he travel OK?

Answers: We put him on a leash the first week we had him.  We think he is at least part Maine Coon; he has the size, look, and characteristics.  Haven't done a DNA test on him, though.  ;-)  Yes, he is a good traveler... he is just generally a good boy, in case I haven't mentioned that before.

Rufus doesn't understand why I won't let people pet him.  He is a pretty social boy, and likes the attention.  But, for now, they can adore him from a distance.  And, no touching.

This morning while sitting out on the patio...

 
 He looks a bit gruff with the sun shining in his eyes.  He isn't... he's a good boy.  :-)


 

No comments: