Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Observations...


When we left the site we were in yesterday, our next door neighbor was flying a political flag: the first "Biden 2020" I've seen.  Trump flags are common.  Trump Shops (selling all kinds of Trump related items, I assume) abound.  When I rode through Sturgis last week, there were a couple Trump Shops in that 4 block stretch of Main Street, and I saw one rider wearing a "Sons of Trump" (think: Sons of Anarchy) t-shirt.  It leads to me think the business to be in for the next couple months is selling political crap.

Our new neighborhood is closer to the playground and Activities Center building; the lights from the tennis and pickleball courts are obvious.  More kids riding bikes, skateboards, and push scooters.  There is one kid that goes by regularly on a Hoverkart: it is a hoverboard with a seat and extension for your feet...





It cracks me up: this kid is going at least 12mph with his ass about 3" from the ground.  He is kind of "the leader of the pack," with other kids on bikes, scooters, and skateboards.

What's that?  The speed limit?  Yes, the speed limit in Hart Ranch is 10mph, and Security enforces that.  Well, with cars, anyway.  I haven't seen them pull over anyone on a bike or skateboard.  There are a couple of those lighted "Your Speed Is..." signs around the park.  The other day, we saw 3 kids on bikes having "speed trials," running their bikes downhill towards on of those signs - the one with the fastest listed speed wins!

Yes, I was tempted to shift my Trail Viper e-bike into top gear with full pedal assist and show these whippersnappers what 25mph looks like.  I didn't.  I'm not some kind of neighborhood hooligan.  ;-)

Our next door neighbor in this site has a small dog, some kind of a rat-terrier looking thing.  They have a fence enclosure so the dog can be outside, off the leash.  That has become a thing at Hart Ranch over the past couple years: having a dog fence.  While sitting out on the patio last night, Rufus was looking under our coach at the dog next door.  I don't know if Ruf was sticking his tongue out at the dog, but every once in a while, the dog would bark, and the dog's owner would holler at it.  I think Rufus was enjoying that process.

We sat out on the patio, I played guitar for Joan and Rufus, and took Ruf for a walk or two.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just started reading your blog. Its nice to read unfiltered content with no agenda other than the observations you have. And that makes it far more authentic and interesting to read.