Saturday, August 15, 2020

Needles...


Nothing to do with Joan's sewing machine.  Joan hasn't been out on her scoot in a few days, I was looking to do more testing with the new camera... I think a trip to Custer State Park is in order.

I did try out the 360 camera, mounted a couple different ways - I am really liking what this camera can do AND the app to edit the video clips is easy to use.  What I didn't see in any of the reviews: it is a sloooooooow download process from the app to the device (iPhone or iPad).  It is using the camera's wifi to transfer files.

"How slow?" you ask.  Thanks for asking - I shot 17 short files (less than 2 minutes each), then edited those in the app, making the files even smaller.  4 hours later, the files showed up in a form that can be transferred to my laptop.  Oh, and then add more time for that transfer.  How long?  I don't know - it's time for bed.

On the bright side, I had time while the files were cooking.  I took Rufus for a walk.  Joan and I played 7 games of Monopoly cards (fun game, by the way), and we had supper.

Surprisingly, the editing went faster than typical.  The music video Mark and I did took me a couple 8 hour days and then some... for a 3 and a half minute video.  I made it through the 17 files for the editing (trimming and changing camera angles) in an hour or so.

Sooo... maybe tomorrow I'll have a video.

But, the riding was great!  Like riding through Sturgis yesterday, I was surprised how wide open the roads were in Custer State Park.  We've seen more traffic there most days before the Rally.  Plus, we rode past a bunch of buffalo not far off the road, and didn't have to take the Wildlife Loop.  The only place that we had ran into much traffic was right at Needles' Eye, and that was for a short time... and then we had easy cruising on Needles Highway on our way to a stop for a picnic lunch.

The trip on Needles Highway was an impromptu decision, made because of the light traffic.

A fine day out on the scoots.

While waiting on the video, here's a few stills...





No comments: