Thursday, May 20, 2021

A test...

 

In an actual alert... yeah, you know.

The day was quite different from yesterday: a calm, dry, and cool start to the morning; I put on a long sleeve shirt to ride my bike.  When I got back, Joan said, "Do you have time for your smoothie before you go out on your scoot?"

"I'm going out on my scoot?"

"Well, it is a beautiful morning."

When she's right, she's right.  I took the Vespa out.  I shot a bit of 360 video, but the Insta 360 One R was acting up: wouldn't turn on when I wanted it to, wouldn't turn off after I got it to turn on.  So, that's fun.  I'm guessing it knew something was up - last Saturday, I ordered another 360 camera; same maker, different style of camera.  It is coming from Hong Kong, with an "expected delivery of next Monday."  Surprise, surprise... it was delivered by FedEx while I was out on the Vespa.  Good timing.

I charged up the new camera while messing with the footage from the previous camera; got in a shower and took my lovely wife out for lunch.  Joan suggested we take a stroll by the beach after lunch so I could test out the new camera.  Always thinking.

Lunch was tasty, then off to the beach.  And, a test of the X2...


There will be a learning curve, but it is similar enough to the way the One R operates that I just went for it.  Should be good for some riding this summer... we made our second reservation for Hart Ranch for this summer.  I'm letting myself get excited... I just can't hide it... you know the rest.  ;-)

--------

On that ride today...



No comments: