Tuesday, May 25, 2021

So, it arrived...

 

The package I was waiting for showed up today - it made good time getting here from Memphis, TN, arriving at our house at 10:40 am.  I was in the middle of some other stuff, so it was a bit before I could get to it.  The package is from Instamic, a miniscule microphone/recording device that is supposed to sync up with my 360 cameras.

It didn't.  I checked the firmware - it is up to date.  I finally gave up messing with it and using one of the mounts (Velcro®), put the mic inside my helmet so I could see how it does at rejecting wind noise; using it as a recorder.


 Did I mention: it's small?  How small?


Yeah, that small.  I didn't have time to run it up to highway speeds, but at 40mph, the wind noise was negligible.  So, once I get the whole syncing thing figured out, I think it will be a nice addition to capturing scooter videos.



No comments: