Friday, May 21, 2021

Never done that before...

 

How often do you get to say that when you get to be this age?

Another delightful day in the Tropical Tip; unusual with light wind again today... wooohooo - two in a row!  With the new Insta 360 One X2 that arrived yesterday, I was wanting to give that a try on the boat.  With light wind, I thought I might take the drone (Mavic Mini) out on the boat.  Yep, never done that before.

I shot a LOT of 360 video.  Given my background, I can blast through still photos like a machine... 360 video takes longer.  Way longer.  You have to "look all around within the video" before deciding what view to upload as regular video.  I have done all that, but now I have to go to work assembling and editing all that into something watchable.  Well, I say "have to" like it's a job, but it is something I enjoy.  In small doses.  That is going to take some time.

In the meantime, I'll post a few still photos here to show you a bit of our day...

That's the new X2 attached to the rail above, and a Great Blue Heron in the canal below...

A ship from the dredging operation in our local port...

First dolphin view above, the birds on the island at the Y below...


That small island is known as Dead Pecker Island locally.  Back in the day when shrimping was the main industry here, the shrimpboats would come in when the weather was nasty, but instead of going into the port, they'd put the bow against this island and wait out the weather... if they went into port, they'd lose their crew - home to get some lovin'.  With the boats beached on this island, it would be a less than fun swim to get back home.  Thus: Dead Pecker Island.

But, I digress.   Double Sunshine, one of the local excursion boats...

More dolphin viewing...

A stop to launch the drone...


I was about as nervous as my first solo long cross-country, back when I was a student pilot.  Here's a still from that flight today...


Pretty peaceful looking, huh?

And, more dolphin viewing...





Nice day.

No comments: