Saturday, May 8, 2021

Out On The Boat 360...

 

Knowing it would be a busy weekend with crowds rolling in to spend the Mother's Day weekend on the beach, Joan was up early to get to the grocery store.  I chose to take the boat out for some water time, bringing my 360 camera along.  And, the Nikon; this time with the settings on Program instead of Manual.  The wind was predicted to build by 10:00 today to over 20 mph.  Probably won't be any other boat time for a couple days.

I pushed away from the dock and headed out, 360 camera on a mount I got for the scoot - works fine on the boat, too.  Here's a still...

You know that "birds of a feather" saying?  Not here...

Speaking of birds: something we don't often see here, turkey vultures...


Out into the turning basin; bait shrimpers and tugs (push boats)...


Roseatte Spoonbills...


No destination or plan, just riding around, seeing what I could get with the 360 camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miaAV4rIa6o

When I did see some dolphins up close, the Insta 360 screen locked up (of course), I grabbed the Nikon and took a few photos...




The view just before turning into our canals...


The camera mounted on the boat...


It is controlled with an app on my phone... well, until the screen locks up.  Which, really, is rare.  But, the dolphins know when that happens.  ;-)

A still shot from the 360...


When I was getting close to home, I got a call from Joan - "The wind has really kicked up; I'll grab lines when you get to the dock."  Yes, she looks out for me.  It was blowing pretty good - sure glad to have her help.

Plus, she brought donuts!  We sat out on the deck with Rufus to enjoy smoothies and a donut.  No, Rufus didn't have a donut - can you believe they don't make salmon-glazed donuts?

With the wind predictions for the weekend, I put the cover on the boat, Joan put the cover on our patio furniture and we went inside for a late breakfast.

Then, lots of video editing.  :-)





No comments: