Thursday, May 27, 2021

Another Stayin' at Home video...

 

My testing with the new Instamic has me thinking I have a defective unit.  Not easy to have an e-mail conversation with a business that is on the other side of the world... we'll see what they come back with for a solution to the issues I'm having with them.  The main problem seems to be the only control on this mic is one button, right on the front: it turns it on, turns it off, starts and stops recording.  Except that one and only button on mine isn't working right.  The company asked me to send them a video of the problem... so, I videoed me pressing the button repeatedly until it turned on.  Yes, that is stupid.  "It's the damn button!"

Once on, it is relatively controllable with the app on my iPhone.  I did set it up alongside the Shure MV88+ that I've used on many Stayin' at Home videos to see how it would compare.  Even after properly setting the gain on that Instamic, it was incredibly weak.

All that aside, it was a good reason to make another Stayin' at Home video; this one is a cover of a Dave Mason song, Please Come to Boston...


 

2 comments:

Bob said...

Cap - you set a high bar. I am just getting the hand of using a ball point pen, had to figure out which button to push to start the ink flowing!!!! You are keeping yourself young by all these challenges, it is like a big boy game of Sudoku!!! Rufus has it down; eat, sleep, snuggle, take a walk sometimes, and enjoy the simple life. Bob Jarrard

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

LOL Thanks for the chuckle, Bob. At least you don't need an app to run your ball point pen.