Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Testing, 1, 2...

 

I was up early enough to see the lunar eclipse, but the cloud cover had other ideas.  Rufus was OK with getting breakfast early, though.

Warm, windy, and humid - I decided to get out on the scoot in the morning to do more testing with the Instamic.  The good news: I got it to sync up with both 360 cameras (not at the same time)... it definitely likes the One R better than the One X2... which is unfortunate, because I prefer the form factor of the X2.  The bad news: while the sound is great below about 40mph, there is a lot of clipping at highway speeds - the cracking noise makes it miserable to listen to.  I'm thinking it may be user error - I will try further testing with a lower gain setting.

I was able to get it to sync up and stay connected while shooting multiple 360 clips - that really cuts down on the massive file size I ran into yesterday while letting the camera and the mic just run, then syncing them up later with iMovie.  When I edit what I shot today, the video and audio are already together.

So, a learning curve... and I'm still doing what I can to climb it.  With really long breaks in between while I download and edit the 360 video to get the views I was seeing in my head.  For now, I am just tossing the video after I have edited it.

Well, here's a short clip...

 


That clip will be "unlisted," so not out to the public.

No comments: