Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Mañana...

 

It doesn't mean tomorrow... it means "not today."  I was told the bottom paint on the boat would be done today.  With the rain we had Friday and Saturday, I assumed it wouldn't be done on schedule.  I assumed correctly, and didn't "make an ass of u and me."  My new friend Angel apologized and thanked me "for being understanding."  Seriously, he said Tuesday, I expected Wednesday, maybe Thursday.  Again, we'll see how that plays out.  I did see the boat, and it has been sanded and taped off, so they are doing something with it.  It'll happen when it happens.

I also had an "appointment" (using that term loosely) to get some refrigerant put in the Honda's air conditioner.  Appointment is in quotes, because they didn't take my name... just said, "Bring it in at 10:00"... I asked if I could wait for it... "Um, OK."  The guy who told me to bring it in wasn't there when I showed up at 9:55, but his son got me taken care of.  A dye to check for leaks and one can of refrigerant (it isn't freon anymore) and they had me on my way in less than 20 minutes.

One outta two.  There is a potential tie-breaker: people say things happen in 3s; the third service related thing today is the home air conditioner.  The fan quit last week during an overnight downpour.  I shut off the breaker to the a/c and it started up fine.  While I was dealing with the car and boat, the fan stopped again.  Resetting the breaker worked again.  I called an A/C service company when I got home.  I was told, "We'll have somebody out to take a look at it today, but it will be later this afternoon."  Again, we'll see how that plays out.  This company was recommended by other people here in the resort, which is a good sign.

You don't want to be without a/c here; the high today is supposed to be 83º, but the humidity is hovering around 90%... I think that makes the heat index "Oh, my God, I'm melting."  Kidding, of course - it was quite comfortable in the Honda on the way home, but my sunglasses fogged up the second I stepped outside the car.

When I got home (second outing), Joan was cleaning the siding and the railings on our deck.  The wind and rain we had left everything grubby out there.  I'm guessing she will need another shower when she is done out there.  She is not a mañana kinda woman.

-------

Update on the home air conditioner service.  At 4:45pm, I called the a/c company and visited with my new friend, Daisy.  I let her know that I wasn't calling to ask "Where is the service guy?" but to tell her that if they'd rather put the service call off until in the morning, we are fine with that... "Let the service guy get home to have supper with his family, and the sun is pounding on the air conditioner - with the humidity, it isn't going to be pleasant working there right now."

She said she'd have to check with the tech.  She called back a couple minutes later and said, "He is appreciative that you can wait until tomorrow.  I'll call you in the morning before he is heading there."

I'd say that one is "postponed due to weather."  ;-)


No comments: