Sunday, May 2, 2021

Sunday driver...

 

Well, Sunday rider.  It's been rainy off and on the last couple days, so I was itching to get out on the scoot.  Instead of my usual morning bicycle ride, I went out on the Vespa.  The temperature was 72º; humidity was 91%... a bit sticky.  I couldn't bear even a vented jacket, so I put on some sleeves to keep my arms from getting sunburned.

A glutton for frustration, I grabbed a GoPro on the way out the door.  As usual, I could get about 10% of the shots I tried for - even without gloves, the button on the phone app is just too small and not sensitive enough.  No matter; there wasn't anything out of the ordinary to photograph.



 Looking into the morning sun on the way across the causeway...


Someone had gotten to the sign at McDonald's...


I'm guessing they were going for "Boobs are back!" but didn't have enough letters.  Besides, boobs were never out of style.

Riding along Gulf Blvd, I got behind a pickup truck doing 10mph (speed limit is 25); no big deal, I had no schedule.  A few people riding bicycles and walking in the bike lane.  One guy wearing just swim trunks, was carrying a flask and a phone... breakfast and entertainment.  No pockets for stashing the flask in swim trunks.  There was a couple who looked like they should be on the cover of Power Lifting magazine... of course, I missed the shot of that and the flask guy, thanks to the GoPro.

Early enough in the day that the Valley traffic hadn't made its way to the island, yet...


The restaurants serving breakfast had full parking lots, though.  Back across the causeway...


I swung by the boat place that is doing our bottom paint.  I pressed the button on the GoPro, but there was no photo of it on the SD card - nothing has been done on the boat, yet; but to be fair, it has been wet the past couple days.

I stopped to gas up the Vespa - I got 73mpg, a market improvement from the usual 64-65(ish) that I've been getting.

Coming back onto our island, the bridge was out.  First a small boat, then a tug pushing two barges... and then another small boat that was hauling ass to get through before the bridge closed again.  While waiting in line, I pulled up the Scooter Tag on my phone - the current tag is "your scoot with a boat or boat ramp."  Easy enough.


 

I was only out for an hour or so, but it felt good to be riding.




No comments: