Friday, May 14, 2021

Trifecta...

 

Back in our whale watch days, that meant we got views of three different kinds of whales.  You folks who bet on horse races know that it is picking the top three finishers, in the correct order.  This "threesome" had to do with conveyances: e-bike in the morning, out on the boat this afternoon, and some Vespa time after that.

I shot a bunch of 360 video while Joan was taking photos on the boat.  I plan to edit that down to one of those fun "trailers"... but, Joan got a lot of good images with the Nikon; first view of dolphins...



 Tugs...


Great Blue Heron...


Spoonbill in flight...


Birds of a feather...


A ship coming in the Brownsville Ship Channel...


And, more dolphins...









Just enjoying the day...


I'll see about editing some video this evening.  Maybe.

--------

The video "trailer" official release...


Oh, and out on the scoot...



2 comments:

Bob said...

Cap - I think it is time for the underwater camera drone. If you part with the 'toon, will there be a new watercraft it's place? Glad to see you making Trifectas many days. See ya. Bob

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Bob - Not rushing into anything. The pontoon is actually quite good for what we do with it around here. IF we decide to part ways with that boat, I don't see much need for another. I enjoy it when we're out on it. Well, I enjoy being on the water and seeing the dolphins, birds, occasional sea turtle, and some of the commercial traffic. For that (and for us), this boat is about ideal.

As far as the underwater part: a couple of my cameras are waterproof - or so they say. I haven't felt like dunking them under to find out... or finding out if the mount will hold. ;-)