Thursday, November 17, 2022

A day without Amazon is like...

 

... well, I don't know that it is like.  UPS came early today and dropped off a "smiling box."  One of the things in that box is a couple strings of Christmas lights.  Joan found a style she liked; we haven't updated our outside lights in a couple years, so we'll be doing something different this year.

And, of course, a box from Amazon is like Christmas for the big furry boy...


"I will love this box forever!"  Or, 10 minutes.  Then, it's time to sit on a lap.  But, it is fun to see that moment of joy... no matter how fleeting.

The weather is still crap.  And you know the old saying: When the weather is crap, it's time to run the back-up stuff.  No, I'm not talking about reverse gear.  I admit I am not one who makes daily back-ups on my laptop.  Not weekly, either.  Sometimes monthly, if I remember.  Apple let me know it was time for an OS "upgrade" this morning.  I have learned to back-up everything before I load the "upgrade."

I have a file on my desktop titled "2022 Ride Videos"... yes, it is all the 360 motorcycle videos I shot, most of them while we were in the Black Hills.  I checked the info on that file, to see how much memory it was taking - I was shocked to see it was over 200 gigabytes!  I guess I shot more than I realized.  On the bright side, most of them are on YouTube, so I don't have to keep the files on my computer.  So, after backing up those files on a separate hard drive, then running Time Machine on a different hard drive (that also saves everything currently on my computer), I dumped that that huge-ass, space-hogging folder.  Like spring cleaning... only in the fall.

We did venture out, in the drizzle and wind, to have lunch at Blackbeard's... where I knew I could get some chicken-fried comfort food for lunch.


No comments: