Sunday, November 6, 2022

Did you "fall back"?

 

Count me in as one of the many who thinks the switch to Daylight Saving Time is worthless effort.  My preference: leave the US permanently on DST - there is no "gaining or losing" an hour: the day still has the same 24 hours as the day before.  It's just lighter earlier... and darker earlier... according to the clock.

Enough of that.

I got more video clips from Mark and Cindy on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.  I have been working on this latest music video for the better part of a week now.  Not like an 8 hour a day job, but putting in the hours when I get more video clips... editing, cutting, cropping, adjusting the spacing... quick cuts, longer clips, fitting in the video to match the music.  It all takes time, but I am at the point where I have the time, and I enjoy the challenge of the project.

I try to "story-board" the project, so I have some idea of what I need for the various video clips as we start.  Sometimes I find I need to get a couple more clips to fit the flow; then it is a matter of, on this particular video, describing to Mark what the shot should be, then he and Cindy making the time to get the shotsc.  Uploading for them, downloading for me, then starting over with the viewing, cutting, and editing.

As we get close with this music video, there will be plenty of hours invested in this 5 minute finished product.  Mark wrote the music, laid down various tracks, told me what I could add, sending my music tracks to him, then he did the music production.  He sends me a finished music track, we discuss the plan for a video, then all of the above.

It's getting close.  Fortunately, I have my "best boy" Rufus by my side, helping...



No comments: