Tuesday, November 29, 2022

It's beginning to look a lot like...

 

Yeah, you know.  With the outside lights hung yesterday, and the cell phone stuff done last night and this morning, it was time.  We agreed to "decorating lite"... we'll still decorate, but keep it to the minimum that this guy who is like the character in the movie Elf can stand.

Inside, the first order of business is the tree...


 Yes, it is an artificial tree.  Joan picked this one out a couple years ago, to fit the space we have in our compact home...

It is tall and slender, the lights are built into it, and I add the decorations that have special meaning, then fill in with some other bulbs that go with the space.  The photo above is before the angel on top.  I know what you are thinking: "Jim do you sit up there?"  No.  While I am admittedly angelic, it is uncomfortable sitting up there with a tree up your ass.  Yes, I know what list I will be on for saying that.  Here's the "family heirloom" angel...


It is the personal ornaments I like best: a couple boat things, a motorhome, an Orca, some photo ornaments (Steph and Dan, Joan and me on Wild Blue, Rufus).

The cat photos are changed to show them in Santa hats...


The dolphin carving gets a Santa hat, as well...


No chimney, but the stockings are hung with care...


And one of the wood signs I routed free-hand back when I had a real shop to work in...


Joan put out a warmed dish with a cinnamon stick and some cloves to get "the scent of the season."  It is warm, humid, and windy... 82º, wind from the south above 20 mph, and about 3,000% humidity.  Glad I got the outdoor stuff hung yesterday; but Joan did run an extension cord to the wreath on the deck this morning.  Then, she ran it all into a couple smart plugs so we can turn the lights on and off with Alexa.

Yep, the start to a traditional kinda holiday season.  ;-)


No comments: