Saturday, November 19, 2022

Moved to Seattle...

 

No, it only feels like it.  We are into day 4 of dreary... right now the wind is blowing the rain and drizzle sideways... 30 mph out of the north, with occasional gusts to about a million, 55º.  It's what we sub-tropical dwellers call: sucky.  That's the technical meteorological term.

We got out yesterday for lunch; I even took a walk when the drizzle let up to a light drizzle for a half hour or so.  Trying to stave off the dreaded... cabin fever.


That's not really me.  I washed my hair today and shaved just yesterday.  But... the fever is real.  If the weasels can be trusted (and they usually can't), there's another 4 days of this ahead of us.  Next Wednesday before the dreary rain and wind let up?  Yep.

We moved here full time in 2006.  Spent winters here for about 10 years before that.  26 years?  What are you, like a hundred?  I'm not going to thank you for that one.  What I was going to say: I have never seen 8 days of crap weather in a row.  Here.  It's "the Tropical Tip"... palm trees, beaches... warm weather.

What?  Yeah, I know it will be back.  The decent weather, that is.  You just have to believe.


No comments: