Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Texting...

 

Not while driving - I'm not that guy.  Mark and I did exchange a couple texts last night.  Cindy did take away his phone briefly after he said, "I think this would be a good time to buy bitcoin..."  I'm guessing he was kidding, but the anesthesia and pain meds can make you a little crazy.  Or so I've heard.  He texted me, "I can't even lift a Les Paul."

That's a guitar model for any non-players reading.  I texted back: "Cindy can get you sitting down, then put a guitar on your lap... hey, wait a minute - you bought a Les Paul??"  And then it was sleepy time. 

This morning, I got a text from him: "All's good, feeling very well, just need to get some sleep... should be home this afternoon."   Now, it is time to heal.

And now for something completely different... or not.  Yesterday, one of our local weather weasels said, "It has been 8 days since we've seen the sun..."  Feels longer than that.  This morning when I got up, it was gray and gloomy, but... the wind wasn't howling and it is 55º to start the day.  I plan to take Rufus for a walk this morning - his cabin fever has been as apparent as mine.  Looks like Saturday before we have a sunny day.  In the words of the philosopher: "Zippity doo dah!"

--------

Mark is home!  Upright and walked in on his own.  In fact, he and Cindy took a walk to a nearby park.  The really big news: an immediate relief from the back pain.  Still some pain from the surgery, cutting, having metal put into bone, twisting on his spine, removing a bone spur... damn, it makes my ass pucker just thinking about it.  I'm glad he is through it, and now can mend.  We had a good talk on the phone this afternoon.

And, he asked me to send him the tracks I've been working on.  That's my buddy!


No comments: