Wednesday, November 16, 2022

You Soxy Thing...

 

It was 54º when I got up this morning.  Overcast, drizzly, windy.  And now, 6 hours later, it is 54º, drizzly and windy.  The "feels like" temperature is 48º, with that north wind blowing 21 mph and gusting higher.  I have no desire to go out in that.

Yes, I know my friends in the frozen northland would call me candy ass... and I would agree.  We had talked about going out for some "grandma food" for lunch, but agreed we'll be eating in.  I am wearing long pants for the second day in a row.  But, the real indicator of the weather: socks.

I have become a tenderfoot guy - it is rare I wear sandals these days, so I always have socks on during the day.  Usually lighter weight socks.  Getting specific: Keens that have a definite right and left foot.  If you haven't tried "foot specific" socks, you may want to consider them.  Really, they make my feet happy.

Last spring, Joan bought me a couple pair of thicker, taller Keen socks, to wear with my motorcycle boots.  Turns out, there were a bit too warm for that.  But, on a chilly day like today, they are just right.

"Seriously, a post about your socks?  Slow news day?"  Thanks for asking.  I give more consideration to buying socks than I do my other clothing.  The most prominent "tan line" I have is from just above my ankles on down.  The whitest ankles you've ever seen.  You didn't need to know that?  Yeah, I'm over-sharing again.

But, I am happy on this dreary day, 'cause I am wearing some toasty socks that have an "R" and an "L" on them.  ;-)


---------

Looking handsome...

Me?  Stop, you're making me blush.  Of course,  I am talking about my furry boy...


Joan was making potato cheese soup.  I was drying dishes.  Rufus was sitting on the back of a chair, keeping an eye on us... you never know if it's time for a treat.  Kidding - it's always time for a treat.

"Here's another pose, Pops"... 



No comments: