Monday, November 7, 2022

The Change-Over...

 

"Are you still talking about Daylight Saving Time, Jim?"  No, but thanks for asking.

Our small town city crew hangs decorations for Halloween... outlines of lighted ghosts, pumpkins, bats.  They leave them up for a couple days after Halloween, because: Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead).  I guess someone determined that it would be a time saver (nothing to do with "daylight") to put up the Christmas decorations when then take down the Halloween stuff.

Riding my motorcycle this morning, it was already 80º with a warm, humid breeze.  Seems a bit warmish to be thinking about Christmas... even though Walmart put some Christmas stuff out in early October.  Don't get me wrong - I like to decorate for Christmas.  At an appropriate time.  Like: getting Thanksgiving out of the way first.  I guess I am traditional that way.

But, today is November 7th.  Time to start planning my wardrobe for St Patrick's Day.  ;-)  Kidding, of course.  I like to refer today as Election Day Eve... or: Damn, They All Suck Day.

--------

A full moon (Beaver Moon, Frost Moon, and a few other "winter is coming" names) tonight; well, at 2:00 am tomorrow morning.  We did get a break in the clouds and I got out a camera to get the shot.  It looks decent on the screen on the back of the camera, but I can't find the card reader (can't remember the last time I used it) to put a standard SD card into the USB-C connection on my MacBook Pro.  Technology.  I use my phone for most photos these days, but it wouldn't be good for the manual exposure I need to get detail in the moon.  So, no photo to post.

For those who may not be able to sleep tonight: there will be a lunar eclipse happening around 4:00 am (+/-).  I'm guessing I will sleep through that.  But, if I find I am awake, I'll step outside to see the event... if the clouds allow it.

 


No comments: