Friday, November 4, 2022

Pardon me, Roy...

 

Is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?  If you said, "Chattanooga Choo-Choo," that is what I was going for, and you get 25 bonus points.  No, it isn't the right words to the song, but that's why it's funny.  If you asked, "Does Rufus chew?"  No.  Because he's a good boy.

Nobody chewed any shoes.  But, Joan got a new pair of Converse Shoes that she designed and ordered.  It's a feature they offer, and it's likely no one else in the world has a pair just like them...


 We were shopping today - one of the staff in that store said to Joan, "Those are the cutest shoes!"  So, of course, Joan had to point out some of the "custom features.  When we went into a restaurant for lunch, the waiter told Joan, "Those are great look shoes!"

And me?  I'm wearing my old-guy OrthoFeet shoes.  Only another old guy would comment on them.

Yes, Joan's shoes are very cute.

This morning, she asked if I "woke up grumpy" today.  No doubt she read yesterday's post, but I was aching from wiring the lights on top of the cabinets yesterday.  It's hell getting old.  On the bright side, we did pretty good with the adjustable bed base last night.  And Joan wasn't feeling any ill effects from getting up on the ladder to position the lights last night...


I got over being grumpy, because I was assured that there would be "no more projects."  I am not sure... it seems there are always projects.  On the bright side: airplanes can now land in our kitchen thanks to these new lights.

--------

A pretty sky this evening while I was out for a walk.  By the time I got back to check the view from our deck, the sun was already below the horizon.  A layer of clouds lit from below...



No comments: