Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Make 'em stop!

 

The people who run stop signs on our island?  No, you'd have to stop 98.7% of the vehicles here.  I'm kidding -  it's 99.2%.

We did our civic duty today.  Texas allows for early voting and we were able to walk into our polling place with no wait.  Fast and easy.  Joan and I do not always agree on candidates, and I would imagine we canceled each other's vote on a couple of them.  Or, as she says, "I had to hold my nose and just vote."  And then we don't talk about it.  That's as political as this blog gets.


It is one week until the official election day.  Even though no one can sway our votes, the political ads on TV and in our mailbox are relentless.  There really should be a way to stop the ads once you've voted.  I'm sure we have the technology.  If I have to hear one more time how a candidate for a national office "will not let my opponent stop me from lowering gas, lights, and grocery prices," I may throw something heavy at the TV.  It seems that when we lived in the frozen northland, the promises weren't so absurd.  Having moved away from there 16 years ago, maybe they do the same there now?  Maybe the "bullshit parade" is everywhere?  Where are the "fact checkers" from Facebook?  How is it these morons are allowed to make these impossible promises with no repercussions?

My name is Jim and I approve this post.


No comments: