Thursday, July 20, 2023

It's gonna have to hurry...

 

UPS is still showing today as the "expected delivery" on the new guitar.  It's going to have to really get a move on it, because it is also still showing that it is still in Ireland.  ;-)

Here's another preview image...

I think I am safe in not hanging around, waiting for delivery today.

--------

As expected, the guitar didn't arrive, even though UPS is still "expecting delivery July 20."  It did move to a different location in Ireland.  One of the guys on the guitar forum who recently received his guitar said it went to 3 locations in Ireland before going to Germany, and then on to the United States.  So, maybe one more Irish location before going east so it can come west.  ;-)

On the bright side, I did get in a great ride today.  I'll have some video editing to keep me busy for a while.

Here are some stills...

Heading north to Sturgis...


Road construction on I-90 southeast of Sturgis...


No way that is going to be done before the Rally.  Once in town, a stop at "the sign"...


Riding through downtown, the temporary retail tents are erected, but still closed off while they stock...


Some good riding in Vanocker Canyon once I left Sturgis...



It was an overcast day, but... no rain.  Temps were in the 70s (upper 60s by the time I got to the top of Vanocker Canyon Road.  Nice day for riding!



2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Nice inlay! All of my Emeralds pre-date the inlay option and have the plain glossy black epoxy fretboard. By now you should know if riding today was a good idea or not. I'm guessing "yes". It would be astounding if it got to you there this quickly. But lightning strikes somewhere very day...

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl - this is my first Emerald with inlay. With this sale, it was like getting the inlay and the vibrant weave for free, plus a discount off the veneer. I'm using female buying logic: look at all the money I saved!! LOL

The guitar didn't show up here today. It did, however, move somewhere else in Ireland... so, it's moving! On the bright side, I got in a great ride today!