Saturday, July 8, 2023

It's Saturday, and you know what that means...

 

You do?  Fill me in.  Kidding - we're retired, so everyday is Saturday.  But, Steph and Dan send us updates on the house build.  Things continue to progress.  The big thing for this week is: insulation.  We have ceiling insulation...


Next step is insulation in the walls.  It's good to see this in the photos, since we can't be there to watch the build progress.  Tar paper and stacks of tiles on the roof...



 We had a nice visit with Steph on the phone.  Apparently it is 187º there today... but it is a dry heat.  There was some joking about spending some time in the pool; the rental complex where Steph and Dan are has a pool - to get exercise, they can walk back and forth in the pool.  The yard at the new house is plenty big enough for a pool... "Oh, hell no!" was the response.  They had a pool at their last house and they found it to be way more work than fun.

On this Saturday, I am spending time editing all the video I shot yesterday.  Close to two hours of video clips, that I've edited down to 9 1/2 minutes.  All the transitions are in, and background music.  Now, I'm deciding if I want to do a voice-over.  At some point.

Looking at results from the X2 (360 camera) vs the Go 3 (the new camera)... the 360 cameras have very impressive stabilization... these first tests are showing me that the Go 3 is maybe just a bit better.

It keeps me out of the bars and pool halls.


No comments: