Monday, July 17, 2023

Let's go to the video...

 

I worked on the video from yesterday's ride last night.  When I went to upload it to YouTube, it was an impossibly long upload time.  I was using a higher bitrate and better resolution, after getting a comment on an Insta360 site that someone thought I was using too low of a resolution.  It was getting late, so I cancelled that upload.

This morning, I did a quick reprocess on the video to make it upload faster.  I decided to not release it to IMAX theaters, so it should look fine on your portable device.  ;-)  It looks good on my MacBook Pro.

Here's the video that the stills from yesterday were taken from...


 

If you have an opinion one way or another regarding video vs still photos, let me know.

This still photo taken yesterday afternoon with my phone, showing the effect the smoke in the air is having on the sun...



2 comments:

Earl49 said...

I like the dynamic view of the videos, but have enough imagination to extrapolate the experience from still photos. So I'm good with either. Stills are much easier for you than editing video, for sure.

The stormtrooper was interesting. I get the appeal of riding in full body armor, but it would be hot and potentially uncomfortable. We always rode in our Aerostich suits (single-piece Roadcrafter for Alice, two-piece Darien for me) which is a more flexible version of body armor.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl. It certainly takes longer to edit the video, especially the 360 footage. It's much quicker with this new Go 3 because I can download it directly to my laptop instead of having to "process it" through an app (required with the 360 clips). I enjoy both, but I can blast through the process much faster with stills. I'll still be doing both - just wanted to see if there was any particular interest one way or another. I get numbers on how many people view here (it surprises me most days), but if it wasn't for your comments, I'd be talking to myself. LOL

As far as the Storm Trooper "armor" - I'd feel better protected in something made for riding, like your 'Stitch or the Kevlar/armor pad stuff I wear. I was hoping that guy would catch up to us, but he slowed down as we slowed down... I really wanted to say to him, "Luke, I am your Father." (pretty much the only Star Wars quote I can remember off-hand)