Friday, July 21, 2023

Throwing in the towel...

 

Doing laundry?  No, Joan did that yesterday.  In the saga of the guitar coming from Ireland, UPS stubbornly held onto that "expected delivery on July 20 by 7:00 pm"... until I went to bed last night (well after 7:00 pm).  This morning, they are admitting that they have no idea when the guitar will get her: "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

In spite of what you might think, I am not fretting (pun intended) the arrival date of the new guitar.  It will get here when it gets here.  I have the delightful X7 (my first Emerald) to keep me entertained while I fake being patient.  We haven't run out of things to keep us busy here in the Black Hills.

And here's another view of the guitar, this time of the vibrant amber weave on the back and sides...


And even more important: a look at Rufus with backlighting on him when we were walking yesterday evening...


--------

Out for a bicycle ride on this almost cool morning (it was 57º when I got up) - I have to enjoy it because the hot weather is moving in by Sunday: it will be in the 90s for at least a week.

And checking the tracking once again: as of 9:30 this morning, the guitar is in the good ol' USA; Louisville, Kentucky, "awaiting release from a government agency" (I think that means men in black suits and sunglasses are playing it).  Good to see some movement... I'm guessing the tracking missed that Ireland Circle Tour and the side trip to Germany that most are reporting.  Not that the guitar didn't take that routing, just that UPS didn't report that movement.

New estimated delivery: July 24 by 7:00.

--------

I worked up the video from yesterday (Sturgis and Vanocker Canyon) last night, added a voice over today.  About 6 minutes... I just can't edit out all the fun curves.  ;-)


--------

It's all my fault...

I said earlier in this post that my incoming guitar didn't do "the Ireland Circle Tour and the side trip to Germany," but was in Louisville, KY.  Awaiting release from the government agency.  Apparently the "government agency" saw my post, and the next check of the tracking had my guitar back in Ireland, in Dublin!  Even though this morning, the UPS tracking said it was in Kentucky.  Joan just checked the tracking a moment ago... and she said, "Now, it's in Germany."

Pretty sure UPS doesn't have any idea where that package is... or, someone at UPS is just messin' with me... "Tell him it's in Hong Honk... no, wait - make it Sydney, Australia!"  Funny.  Either way, or wherever it may be, they are still thinking delivery will be Monday, July 24th.  Which will be a week from when UPS first got a shipping label in the works.

I think Joan is right: "Stop looking."  ;-)



No comments: