Wednesday, July 12, 2023

More Artificial Intelligence...

 

I'm still convinced that Artificial Intelligence will be hard pressed to overcome Natural Stupidity.  Yeah, that's a joke.  When the machines get smart enough, they will no longer need us... you write the rest of this futuristic movie screenplay.

After the storms of last night, I was ready for some fun.  Joan wanted time to do a manicure and a pedicure, which left me to have to go do a motorcycle ride.  Yes, the things I do so she can have her "me time."

It was an absolutely gorgeous day: sunshine and upper 70s.  I thought I'd head south and see what that gravel that was poured on Playhouse Road was like.  I took the new Insta360 Go 3, with the intent of shooting some short clips to keep the editing fast and easy.  The good news: they blacktopped over the loose gravel on Playhouse Road and it is a pleasure to ride!  The other news: I shot a butt-load of short video clips (43, if anyone is keeping score).  Even though the editing is much faster with the video from this camera compared to my 360 cameras (don't be confused by the "360" in the name of the company, Insta360 - 360 cameras were their first offerings, but they have expanded since then), it takes a lot of time to wade through 43 clips of varying length.

I thought this might be a good time to let Insta's Artificial Intelligence editor take a run at it.  I selected about 27 clips and turned them all over to the AI.  I didn't tell it "motorcycle" this time, so it didn't do the hokey "speed & fervor" of the last one.  I told it to make it one minute and 30 seconds.  It selected the clips, edited what it thought was the best of those, then put music over it.

And once again, it missed out on some of the best curves.  But, it saved me a bunch of time.  And, here it is...


 

I will still probably go through all those clips and edit it the way I want.  When I'm "feeling it."  Pretty sure I won't be able to keep it down to a minute and 30 seconds.  ;-)


No comments: