Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Seems a bit optimistic...

 

The optimist says the glass is half full.  The pessimist says the glass is half empty.  The engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.  I say: you can always add more to the glass.

"This isn't about glasses, is it, Jim?" In the words of the philosopher Ed McMahon: "Right you are."  Or, maybe that was Yoda?

I received tracking information from Emerald and UPS.  As of last night, the shipping label had been created, but the package had not been picked up.  Expected with the number of guitars Emerald sold in such a short time.  Emerald sent out a mass e-mail on Monday asking for patience due to the overwhelming response to their 25th Anniversary Sale.  Also expected.  It takes time to do the final inspection and packing.  Especially when you're looking at over 200 guitars and you're used to shipping 5 per day.

This morning, when I first checked the tracking (you don't check multiple times a day when you're expecting something major?), there was no change; the package hadn't been picked up.  Then, after feeding Rufus and getting my morning routine stuff done, the computer was still on that same page.  Of course, I refreshed it... estimated delivery:


Tomorrow?  Don't toy with me, UPS!  Yes, that seems a bit optimistic.  But, I'll be watching for it.

On a different topic: today is moving day.  The first 3 weeks here have gone by quickly.  We have to move for our next 9 days.  I checked yesterday to see if they had a space in the main part of the park, and they did not.  So, this morning, we will put our patio stuff in the cargo trailer and make several trips to our new site in The Meadows (aka Purgatory Flats to us).  We've scoped out the new site, a different location than where we've stayed before, so we'll see how we like this direction.  I picked this specific site because it has no one on our patio side, which will give Rufus plenty of grass to roam.  Yes, we consider Rufus's wants when picking a site.  Because... he's a good boy.


As you can see, the site isn't as "refined" as the double width paved sites in the main part of the resort - but, there is grass.

--------

I didn't get these posted yesterday: the first is the birthday card from Rufus...

That's a tracing of his paw on the left side.  He really is a good boy.  And this, from my girl...


It's just the right size and color!  ;-)  She's a good girl, too.

--------

We have ourselves settled in on our new site.  I decided to take the CTX out for a run through the twisties.  I always check weather before I head out - looked good; zero percent chance of precip, mostly sunny, a bit windy (18-20 mph gusting higher).

You probably won't believe this: the weather weasels lied.  I got rained on.  On Iron Mountain Road.  I do slow down when the roads are wet; especially when they are freshly wet.  The oil that gets dripped on the road tends to rise up on the water from the rain.  Throw in some pine needles here and there on the road to add to the slippery feeling.  I didn't feel much like testing the "wet road grip" of the new tires.  Still, it was better than not riding.  :-)

I need to take Rufus for a walk this evening to let him get used to the new surroundings we'll have for the next 9 days.


No comments: