Monday, January 22, 2024

A different kind of play date...

 

I was the one doing the playing.  Murphy sat by me on the arm of the chair...






Unlike his two predecessors, he doesn't come running when I get out a guitar... he has to "warm up" to the idea of it.  But, he doesn't run off.  ;-)

When Steph got off work today, she brought Tango over for another play date.  The two boys did fine once again.  I think each of them would like to rough-house a bit, but they are both somewhat reluctant to start things.  That's probably good at this point.

Murphy did snuggle with me this morning before I got out of bed.  Well, it was a bit... forced.  He hopped up beside me and I wrestled him onto my chest.  Then held him there, petting him until he purred.  I think he wants to snuggle, he just doesn't know that, yet.  ;-)  We'll keep working on him.


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Sitting next to you and a guitar is a positive sign. Duke leaves the room and Lucy will not leave but won't come close while I play. Little feline music critics!! I think they don't like the diverted attention that playing requires. It is all about the cats and what they want. Alice was making fun of me the other night. My evening pills have been upsetting my empty stomach as I head off to bed, so I started eating a carton of yogurt every night as a buffer. Lucy does not like certain flavors, but loves to have some yogurt with me. When I mentioned out loud that "Lucy doesn't like that flavor" Alice burst out laughing.

Glad that the play dates are working well. It will be good for Murphy to know his neighbors and have cat buddies. We tried slow introductions with Duke and mellow Lucy, but Duke will have none of it. We have no idea what his past life was like, but he is not a fan of other animals.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

We started right away with some guitar playing when we adopted Murphy. He sat by me right from the beginning. Rufus and Izzy would come running when they'd hear me take down a guitar. At this early stage, we're still teaching Murphy the words "chow" and "treat"... it's a new language, so it takes time.

We'll keep up the regular kitty play dates... may get to a point where we can open the door and let Tango come over on his own... at some point.