Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Day Off...

 

Off?  Yeah, about half a bubble.

I try to make a post here each day.  Yesterday wasn't much fun for me.  I have read up on what to expect with Covid, and the consensus is that it hits everybody differently.  Monday, I was feeling better; took another test and it came up as still positive.  Yeah, but I feel better.

Tuesday came along... "You feel better?  Here, let me take care of that."  A definite downturn day.  The body aches were back; not as bad as early on.  My nose feels like it is going to fall off.  Literally.  Scabs all around the nostrils.  No photo, you're welcome.  Read up on that - yep, that's a symptom.  I'm beginning to think anything is a symptom... your eyeball rolled out of your head and your dick fell off?  Yeah, that's a symptom.  I'm kidding - my eyeball didn't roll out of my head.  See: I still have a sense of humor.  Or leprosy.  That may be another symptom of Covid.

I got out of the house for a few minutes to take Murphy for a walk in the yard yesterday.  That was more than enough.

Today, I fell asleep while sitting up in the living room chair.  But, really, I feel better.  Good enough, in fact, to help Joan hang a set of blackout drapes in the bedroom...

We both like the modern look with just the blinds, but with that south facing window, we needed something that could block the light.  Joan found material and hardware she liked.  We got the ladder and tools out.  Yes, I went up the ladder, measured and leveled the hardware.  It took one of us on either side to put the rod and drapes in place.  They go well with the dark blue wall behind our headboard.

No, I didn't crash and burn while on the ladder.  I'm going to call that my one task for the day.  Joan will put the finishing touches on the drapes by getting them steamed.  They do a good job in completely blocking the light through that window... I may get to check that out with a nap in that room this afternoon.

--------

Murphy and I took a walk in the yard this afternoon.  I have mentioned how he is doing good on the leash - here's a raw video right off the phone from today's walk...


He has learned that "Home" means we're going back to the door he went out.  I said that word and he "headed for home."


No comments: