Sunday, January 28, 2024

Oh, what a beautiful mornin'...

 

If you said, "From the Broadway musical "Oklahoma," by Rogers and Hammerstein, 1943," you get 15 points for knowing how to use Google.

It was 57º when we got up this morning.  Warmest it has been since last November.  Warm enough for me to make breakfast (pancakes, bacon, and sausage) on the griddle.  Warm enough for Joan to pop up the patio umbrella and for us to have breakfast outside under that umbrella (well into the 60s at that point).  Downright lovely.

One of the things Joan ordered from Vine is a keypad for our garage door opener.  Free is a good price.  It comes with a price: it isn't Genie (like the opener) so there is some fussing to get it functioning with the opener.  I was able to knock out that 15 minute job in only an hour and a half.  To be fair, though, about half that time was going through YouTube to find out whether our opener is an Intellicode I or an Intellicode II.  Genie does not put that info in the manual.  The programming codes are different for a I or a II.  On the bright side, it only took me about 7 times of repeating the procedure to get them to sync... yes, I did the same thing each time.  No, I don't know why it worked on the 7th time.  I may be old, but I am determined.  Some might say stubborn.

Murphy spent some time outside, including both Mom and Dad walks.  Then a soak in the hot tub for Murphy's Dad.  A shower and a motorcycle ride.

Oh, what a beautiful day!

What's that?  You want a photo of Murphy?  Sure - here he is laying on his binky...



 


No comments: