Sunday, January 7, 2024

If I Had Hatches...

 

I'd be battening them down.  Cold and windy today, it didn't get out of the low 50s.  It may be a dry heat in the summer, but it is a damp cold out there right now.  It is going to be below freezing here tonight.  And some of the next few nights this week.

Joan had ordered some covers for outside faucets and other exposed water pipes.  Yes, there are exposed exterior water connections on houses here in the desert, including new builds.  I don't know why.  Late this afternoon, Steph, Dan, and I went around the house, covering faucets and pipes.  Yeah, it was downright chilly out there; wind is blowing about 15mph right now.

We turned on the fireplace in the living room this morning.

 

At some point, we'll need to turn on the heat in the house, just to make sure everything is working as it should.

I took Murphy out for what I thought would be a short walk.  It turned out to be even shorter - the boy does not like the wind and the cold.  He probably gets that from me.  ;-)

He did get a good nap in, though.  Good day for it.

I also took the time to get my computer files (mostly photos and videos) archived.  No, I am not one of those who backs up after every image.  Yes, I did that back in our studio days, but this is all my own stuff.  On the bright side, I'll get a couple hundred gigs of memory back in my laptop.


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Smart cat, even with a built-in fur coat. We had 2.5” of snow Saturday and gusty winds, with more on the way this week. Overnight low of 18 degrees with highs at or around freezing. Lucy was mostly indoors today, and spent considerable time pinning me down.

We were gone for about five hours to a jam and supper. A buddy is finally feeling good enough to jam after surgery last spring. Another buddy will be moving once the property sells. Gotta get together when we can, making the most of each opportunity. We can console the cats afterward (but they don’t see it that way).

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Murphy's fur coat is still missing that piece on the belly. Even if it was filled in, the boy doesn't have a thick undercoat. Can't say my feelings were hurt by not spending time out in the cold. There is something to be said for having a nice warm cat on your lap while indoors.

Enjoy those jam opportunities! I will miss getting together with Mark and the guys this week.