Monday, January 8, 2024

I have the biggest bathroom in all the land!

 

"You have a big bathroom in your small side of the house?"  No, we have an appropriate size bathroom, but thanks for asking.  It has a nice big shower in it, but I digress.

We are still hanging close to home.  We are definitely on the mend (Joan tested negative), and I have a bit more energy today.  Joan got us Marco's Pizza for lunch - it was a treat to have "eatin' out" food.  In spite of what I've read about people with Covid, I can still smell and taste - and the pizza, chicken, and cheese bread smelled and tasted great.

When we were done eating, Joan suggested that Murphy would enjoy some outdoor time.  Gearing up to go for a walk is still new to this boy; when I would ask Rufus if he wanted to go for a walk, he would go to the door and wait to get his harness on - he's slide his head right into it when I got it close.  Murphy is not to that point, yet... and, he is a squirmy boy.

With his harness on, I hooked up the leash and we went for the door.  I don't have to carry him out the door anymore - he goes out with no fuss.  We walked around a bit, then he went back to the door.  "Nope.  We're going to do a little more walking, buddy."  I picked him up and carried him out a ways.  About that time, Joan came out to take the pizza box to the recycle container... Murphy followed her most of the way.

It was a decent walk - good time length for him, and more walking than I've done since getting sick.  Coming back to our patio area, Murphy was spending more time than usual in the gravel.  He sniffed around, dug a bit, then squatted where he dug.  I said to Joan, "I think the boy is peeing outside."  I looked where he dug, and ... yep.  That's a first.

Now, to be fair, there is a lot of gravel to go with the pavers and turf.  And, I can see where the gravel might resemble a giant litter box.  When done, Murphy looked like he was doing a pose out of the Lion King.  Or, at least I assume so, because I have never seen the Lion King.  No, I didn't take any photos of this activity.

We walked some more.  The boy took a break on the turf...


He is surveying all this land that is his... and he can pee anywhere he wants.  Apparently.

We don't know what Murph's story is before we adopted him.  Based on his behavior, I don't think he was an outdoor cat.  He seems to enjoy these walks, though.

He is very content indoors, as well.


He is sitting at the counter, watching Joan make something in the kitchen.  He is allowed on the chairs; he is not allowed on the counter.  He's a good boy.


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

You need to give him his own sandbox out in the yard. He'll like that better than digging through gravel. We have dumped some sand along the front of the house behind the concrete lawn edge, and everyone likes that. Murphy is looking good -- seems to be filling out and fluffing up nicely.

When I had COVID two years ago this week, it was a day of major chills (shivering under the electric blanket wearing all of my Polar Fleece) for a day followed by about 10 days of major fatigue. Never had a fever, never lost my sense of smell or taste. It hits everyone a little differently.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Murphy has filled out a bit - still scrawny, though. He will look furrier when that belly fur fills in... right now, he still looks like a kid that cut his own hair. The tail is glorious; that may be the extent of his "long hair."

Today is Day 11 on the Covid countdown. Tested positive again this morning. Each day has been a little better, until this morning. My ass is dragging. My entertainment for the morning is watching Murphy play with his new ball on a wire toy. Joan puts it in the garage now and then so he can get some rest - it's cute to see him drag that toy all around the house.