Saturday, January 20, 2024

Riding...

 

Gotta get it in, because the weather change is coming: it is supposed to be rainy Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.  I geared up and as I opened the garage door... it started sprinkling.  Not pouring down rain, but the scoot is fresh and clean - I didn't really want to grub it up with road grime.  I waited a few minutes and it let up.  A few minutes more and the street was dry.  But, just in case, I put the raingear that I always carry in the CTX into the under-seat storage on the new scoot.  And headed out.



 It was chilly, in the low 60s.  That high-viz jacket in the photo above has a nice thermo-liner in it.  I was comfortable.  I had a camera mounted on my helmet and another one on the scoot...


I didn't have a destination in mind, which means... I'm probably heading to South Mountain...




I discovered the thumb was torn out of the leather on my nice Klim gloves...


Heading into the park, I saw a sign for a bicycle trail race today - I thought it might not mean that the Summit Road was closed.  I was wrong...


There are some other decent roads that aren't closed, but not as many great curves...





Heading out of the park, I rode to the street where I thought the nearby private airstrip is located...

 
That's as close as I could get.  Any access to the private airstrip is from properties located on either side of the runway, with no public access.  I rode around town a bit, just getting comfortable with the scoot.  Then stopped to top off the gas tank.  I don't know how full the saleman got the bike before he handed it over to me, but my best guess is between 80 and 90 mpg.  I'll know better when I do my next fill up.

Then, headed back home.


Another fun time on the new scoot.  That will have to hold me for a while - rain predicted for the next 3 days.



No comments: