Monday, March 18, 2024

A Musical Guest...

 

My buddy Earl, who is in Phoenix for another matter, spent the afternoon at our place: making music, visiting, petting cats...





I know what you're thinking: "You aren't playing a carbon fiber guitar, Jim??"  Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.  ;-)  Most of the afternoon, I played Earl's Emerald X30 while he played my Emerald Virtuo.  After a sandwich break mid-afternoon, I pulled my Taylor 814ce off the wall while Earl played his X30.

It is always a challenge for two players to come up with the songs we both know.  There were some songs in both of our repertoires and we each played some songs where we followed the other.  No problem keeping the music going.

Earl is also a cat person, so he spent some time with Murphy and Steph and Dan's 3 kitties.

Joan worked on plants and planters out in the courtyard while Earl and I were in my music room.  And, took Murphy and Tango out in the catio for a while...



1 comment:

Earl49 said...

It was a wonderful visit. Wish that we had more time, but duty called. The house is really nice and it seemed like Murphy, Tango, Tasha and Alfie thought I was ok - for a human petting machine. Autocorrect had
“Alice” instead of Alfie, but I type her name more often.