Monday, March 18, 2024

So, how'd you sleep last night?

 

We often ask that of each other.  With the Select Comfort (Sleep Number?) bed we have, you can have empirical data - it keeps track of how many hours of "restful sleep," how often you toss, if you get up and for how long, your breath rate, and some other stuff.  And then in the morning, the app gives you a "score" of how you slept...


In the words of the philosopher Maury Povich: "That is a lie!"  I base how I slept on how I feel when I get up.  I don't "feel" 89... well, some days I feel 89, as in age, but not in my sleep score.  My "average" is 72... I did not sleep 17 better that usual.  Yeah, it feels silly just to say all this.  I'm not sure how I feel about all this... I'll have to sleep on it.  ;-)

I mentioned that Joan made corned beef and cabbage for (the day before) St Patrick's Day.  She had left overs from it yesterday...


I'm not one to take photos of every meal, but I just thought this looked interesting.  No, I didn't say delectable.  I'm not a fan of corned beef... or rye bread... or carrots.  But, with a few changes, this can be turned into a real meal: exchange the corned beef for a quarter pound hot dog, swap the rye bread for a nice white hot dog bun, eliminate the lettuce and carrots and add chili and cheese.  See - a few simple changes can really bring a meal to life.  If you really want to take it to the next level: bacon!  Follow me for more fun meal tips.

Cat antics.  Joan opened the door to let Tango come over; instead: Murphy went into their house and ran into the bedroom.  Joan went after him.  Alfie and Tasha were there - Alfie was disinterested, Tasha said, "Remove this peasant from my presence."  Yes, she is the queen.  Joan brought Murphy back, then opened the door for Tango again.  Murphy ran through the door.  Joan went after him and brought him back.  Are you keeping up with all this?  She then put Murphy in the bathroom so she could open the door for Tango.  Tango came over and hopped up on my chair for some rubs.  Joan let Murphy out and the wrestling was on...



That usually lasts for a couple minutes, then they settle in.  It gives them some morning exercise.  I think I'll see if Joan wants to wrestle.



No comments: