Saturday, March 16, 2024

Where do you go to buy a farmer?

 

A farmers' market.  Steph and Dan went to one last weekend and invited us to go along today.  They lured me along with the promise of a stop at McDonald's along the way (I haven't had a Sausage McMuffin in a long time).  I was told there would also be a variety of food at the farmers' market.

Up I-17 to Camelback, then east.  It is held in the parking lot of a big church... and the parking lot was plenty full.  I knew we were going to buy stuff - Joan brought along her rolling cart; this is serious.



 I didn't count, but there are a lot of booths here.  One whole section just for pet stuff...



Understandable, since there were plenty of people with dogs on a leash.  Rufus would have done fine with this - I don't think Murphy is quite ready for this level of crowd.  But, I digress.  Joan and Steph found bread, jam, yard ornaments, and other goodies.  My belly was happy with my Sausage McMuffin, but the Joan and Dan had breakfast burritos with brisket, while Steph opted for a New York breakfast sandwich (which looked quite tasty).  Then more shopping...



Plenty of variety (biggest farmers' market I've been to in a while) and good exercise this morning.

--------

Update!

There is an update for the HoverAir X1 (flying camera) that I use.  This is a slick little unit, and the company continues to issue updates that give it even more capability.  I am a bit leary about updating my tech stuff, because experience has shown me that updates on some stuff are put out a bit prematurely, with bugs that make a product less functional.

This update was released 2 days ago; I waited to see if there were any people on the owners group on Facebook screaming about problems with the update... nope.  So, I held my breath and went for it.  The update loaded on my phone fast and transferred to the X1 in about 5 minutes.  I took the X1 outside, did the 3 Dolly Track flights required to unlock the new Side Track mode, and tried it out, as well as the "hand gesture" feature (also new).  Side track will follow you from the side.  The hand gestures allow you to change from orbit to zoom out to bird's eye (without having to land on your hand between those modes) by moving your arms.  Slick!



No comments: