Monday, March 25, 2024

Helpful...

 

Last night, Joan was working on a knitting project.  Well, getting some yarn ready for a project, which meant making smaller yarn balls out of one big one.  It is a bit of a cliche' with cats and yarn balls, but Murphy was doing his part to help peel the yarn off the big ball...


 He's very helpful that way.

--------

With yesterday's less than great weather, Joan had covered everything on the patio.  While I was soaking in the hot tub this morning, she came and started opening everything back up.  The only thing better than watching work being done is watching work being done while you're soaking in the hot tub.

When I was done, I went inside to shower.  It's a warm water kinda day.  After finishing my morning clean up routine, Joan announced, "The new umbrella is set up."

The base she ordered for it came yesterday afternoon.  She filled it with water (for the weight) and set the umbrella into the base...


It is smaller than our main umbrella; fits under it, in fact.  The base has wheels, so it should be easy to move around where it's needed.  The shade makes all the difference here in the desert: block the sun and it cuts the "feels like" temperature by about 20º or so... that is not a meteorological fact, more of a "Jim said so" kinda thing.  You can see from the photo that there is plenty of shade - the pergola (making the stripes), the big umbrella and the smaller umbrella.

The umbrella was a Vine acquisition; she had to purchase the rolling base.  Further update on the Vine situation: Joan was just notified that we now have "Gold" Vine status - that ups the number of items we can order per day and eliminates the $100 max value of an ordered item.

When we were ready to head in, I saw this through the glass...


"You don't see me.  You don't know that I am in here, waiting for you to come in a feed me.  Which should be right now."


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

And the hungry puma lurks... Be VERY careful.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

He lies through his pointy little teeth, Earl. I fed him at 5:00, on the dot. Then went back to my music room to gather equipment to get together with the guys tomorrow. About 10 minutes later, I got a text from Joan - she said, "Murphy is acting like he didn't get fed - did you feed him?"

"He is lying through his pointy little teeth."

And then when I went outside later to clean up after making supper on the griddle, Murph slid out the door like Houdini. I chased him around the yard. Five times. Joan came out and asked me, "Did you know that Murphy got out when you went out?"

I said something that may have referred to Sherlock. And: "Help me!" We tried to "squeeze play" him. Nope, he's too fast. And apparently thinks this is a really fun game. It is not. I am too old for this tomfoolery... um, Murphyfoolery.